Sunday 2 August 2015

Avene Cleanance Micellar Water


Jumping on the bandwagon of the 'micellar water' craze, I started using the Avene Cleanance Micellar Water about 6 weeks ago. Micellar water is hugely popular in France and has been for centuries as a way of cleansing skin gently without having to rinse afterwards. I have used products in the Eau Thermal Avene Cleanace range before and had been impressed, so it was a no-brainer for me to try this product from a brand I trusted. This particular range (Cleanance) caters for those with oily, blemish prone skin, though there are other options for dry and sensitive skins.

This particular bottle was about £7 from Boots and is a good size to try, being only 100ml. I've since ordered the big 400ml bottle which I hope will last longer, as I have got through this pretty quickly. Micellar water is an excellent replacement for makeup remover wipes that whilst convenient, are often packed with preservatives to help them last. I have now seen Micellar water makeup remover wipes on the market though so you can potentially get the best of both worlds.

This brand has a pleasing, fresh smell. It's subtle and not astringent, it just smells clean. The water is ever-so-slightly oily and all I do is sprinkle a few drops onto a clean cotton pad and sweep across my face and eyes (yes - it can take eye makeup off too!) If you have a full face of makeup, expect to use 4-5 pads, if you've already cleansed your face (as I do - see earlier post) then you can get away with 1 or 2 pads, just to take away any lingering dregs of makeup and to freshen the skin. It feels very soft and gentle on the skin and mine devours the small amount of oil the water contains, meaning most days I don't bother with a moisturiser. I've been using it morning and evening and I feel quite strongly that my skin's overall appearance and texture has improved. My pores seems less enlarged and my skin seems more 'dewy'.

There are many other brands doing Micellar water now: Garnier and Simple to name a few. I figured that I'd pay the extra and opt for a brand that I trusted and used spring water that is bottled at the source after spending 40 years underground (think of all those nutrients and minerals!). Another brand which is touting Micellar water as their 'thing' is Bioderma, who have been selling it for years.

Next time you're out of makeup remover wipes, perhaps consider trying this instead. Hopefully you'll be as pleasantly surprised as I was!

Lisa x


No comments:

Post a Comment