Wednesday 5 August 2015

Bargain Beauty Haul #1


So you will notice from my last few posts that I am a lover of Clinique, Bare Minerals, Too Faced and Avene. These brands are very luxurious and also tend to carry a hefty price tag too. So I thought that I'd try some new products from brands available in most supermarkets and chemists. 

The Collection palette really caught my eye as a mini dupe for Urban Decay's original Naked palette. The colours are great for creating natural day looks and something a bit more subtle and smokey for evening looks. 


The powders went on easily and were easily blended and buildable. I would recommend using an eyeshadow primer first though as they don't have the staying power of other brands. best part is that this palette cost me the grand total of £2.98! 

I also thought I should try a new brow product to tame my wild eyebrows into shape, especially after looking through the photos on my last post. I opted for Maybelline's Brow Drama that set me back around £5. 


You can see from the mascara-like wand that it is shaped to stroke the formula onto the eyebrows easily. I would say after using it for two days that my brows definitely look more groomed, although it does sort of feel a bit weird when I raise my eyebrows to actually feel something on them!

My final purchase was a new nail varnish from MaxFactor's Glossfinity range in Burgurndy Crush. This was about £6 and is a really beautiful, deep cherry-red shade. The results were really good after just one coat. I only ever wear nail varnish on my toenails - never on my fingernails as I don't like the feel of it. But this is a lovely shade and did make me want to apply it to my fingernails too. 


So a bargain beauty haul for under £20! It's always good to break from the norm and check out a cheaper alternative brand if they're doing something new. I'm certainly impressed with the Collection eye palette and will be checking out their other shades! 

Lisa x

No comments:

Post a Comment